The Gospel of Jesus Christ and God’s Plan For Our Salvation:
The apostle Paul wrote, “I declare to you the gospel…which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures” (cf. 1 Cor 15:1-4).
“The preaching of Jesus Christ…has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith–to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen” (cf. Romans 16:25-27).
God’s eternal love and plan:
- He loves us because He is full of grace and mercy (Romans 5:8; Ephesians 2:4-7)
- He gave His Son Jesus to die for our sins against Him (John 3:16)
- He sent the Holy Spirit to guide the apostles into all Truth (John 16:13)
- The apostles were sent to preach and write down the gospel (Mark 16:15; Ephesians 3:4)
- The gospel is God’s power to save our souls (Romans 1:16)
- The blood of Jesus Christ empowers the gospel to forgive our sins (Romans 5:9; Ephesians 1:7)
- Hear the gospel of Christ (Acts 2 and 3; Romans 10:17)
- Believe its message (John 20:30-31)
- Repent of offenses against God’s law (Acts 17:30; 1 John 3:4)
- Confess faith in Jesus Christ (Romans 10:9-10)
- Baptized into Christ (buried in water) for the forgiveness of sins (Galatians 3:27; Romans 6:3-4; Acts 2:38; Mark 16:16 — At this point one is added to the church built by Christ, which is a single body of His members whose souls will be saved eternally in heaven — Acts 2:47; Eph 5:23) — But there is another condition regarding your ultimate salvation.
You must in this life…
- Obey the teachings of Christ (Jn 12:48; Titus 2:11-12; 2 John 9; Revelation 2:10)