There was something about Jesus that caused the disciples to go wherever He went and to do whatever He asked them to do. We need to know what traits Jesus had, which caused His disciples to follow Him. And then we need to ask ourselves, “Do we follow Him for the same reasons?” In Luke four there are several things revealed about Jesus that made Him appealing to His disciples.
Prior to Jesus’ birth, some Jews were patiently and confidently waiting for the promised Christ. They had an image of what they thought He ought to be like, but He turned out to be quite different from what they expected. He turned out to be a Savior of of souls rather than a Protector of national boundaries. He turned out to be a humble servant, and not of a leader of troops. Therefore, most of His people saw no purpose for Him in their nation.
And yet there were 3 people who waited in hope—looking for a bright new day—when God would send His Anointed.
This year we’re going to work at developing some tools that will help us “live by faith” rather than just practicing “the faith” every now and then. Our theme verse can be no other but Luke 9:23 – “Then He [Jesus] said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me.” Notice the all inclusiveness of this statement as indicated by Jesus’ words “all” and “daily”. “All” is every one, and “daily” is every day – discipleship is an everyday occurrence for everyone who chooses to follow the Lord Christ, the Son of God.
- Theme Intro. click here — slides click here
- Jesus Prepares His Disciples click here — slides click here
- Jesus Teaches Prayer click here — slides click here
- Daily Prayer Handout click here
- Nehemiah’s Restoration Prayer click here — slides click here
- Pray the Promises Handout click here
- Word For Your Heart (Scripture Memorization) click here — slides click here
- Scripture Memorization Handout click here
- Barriers To Delighting In God’s Word click here — slides click here
- Curbing Complaining Through Memorization click here — slides click here
- Four Simple Things You Can Do To Save The Lost click here — slides click here
- Turning The World Right Side Up click here
- Modeling Barnabas, Modeling Christ click here — slides click here
- Created In Christ Jesus For Good Works click here — slides click here
- Hospitality, A Neglected Command click here — slides click here
- Simon Of Cyrene: The Cross Of Obedience click here — slides click here
- Joseph Of Arimathea: The Open Disciple click here — slides click here
- A Day In The Life Of Jesus click here — slides click here
- Challenges To Obedience click here — slides click here
- A Spiritual Alignment click here — slides click here
- Visible Signs click here — slides click here
- The Path To Change click here — slides click here
Mothers CAN have an enormous influence over their children. A mother who has a strong moral character and a gentle demeanor can communicate with a child better than just about anyone. In this lesson we want to view two cases of motherhood. The first resulted in shame, the second resulted in honor.
For sermon click here
For slides click here